The Student News Site of Harrison High School

The Panther Press

The Panther Press

The Panther Press

Love in the air to start the school year

David Daniel Wedding Photo

Meet David Daniel, Harrison’s Speech & Language Pathologist

What is your position at Harrison and how would you describe your job? 

I am the HHS Speech and Language Therapist. I help students with reading, grammar, vocabulary, improving comprehension of what they read. I help serve Severe and Significant Need students with communication devices and being able to use functional language to get their wants and needs met. I also do a good bit of counseling in my job here at Harrison which I love! I follow Jesus too, so if students are open to hearing what he has to say about something, I will share that with them.

Tell us about your wife.

Annie and I got married July 22, 2023 at the Pinery at the Hill here in Colorado Springs. She’s the best. She is an Occupational Therapist at Penrose Hospital. We met four years ago as random roommates off a Facebook page for traveling therapists and nurses. She moved to COS from San Diego and I moved here from GA within the same month.

Where did you work before?

I worked in a nursing home and a middle school in Eatonton, GA. I also coached basketball and softball.

What do you enjoy doing while not at work?

Cooking, cuddling with my dogs. Watching any sports. Playing golf. Riding my bike, Working in the yard, and volunteering with YoungLife and FCA here at Harrison HS. 

Where can we find you in the building?

My office is inside room 911, which is technically Mr. Ed Vargas’ TAP classroom. My door is always open and if closed just knock. It’s in the same hallway as band and choir.

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Panther Press
$85
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Harrison High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.