The Student News Site of Harrison High School

The Panther Press

The Panther Press

The Panther Press

Hailey Richmond
Hailey Richmond
November 8, 2023

2023 Marching Band Season Comes to a Close

Panther Band after their State Performance!
CBA State Photographers

After a cold and snowy weekend, the marching band participated in state finals on Monday October 30th. Due to the cold weather, the finals competition was cancelled, however, the marching band did not let it affect them. While the temperature stayed in the low 40s the whole day, the Panther Band was prepared to go out with a bang.

After an eventful season, the Marching Band placed 8th in their class with a score of 65.90. This was an impressive feat, as the Panther band marched the smallest amount of people in their class by far. Also, it is becoming increasingly clear that, for marching band, class 3A is one of the most competitive classes in Colorado.

While they were striving for a higher score, the band is still extremely proud of everything they have accomplished this season. The Panther Band is already anticipating their next season, hoping to continue to improve each year and make it back to the top 3 placements.

Now, as we head into the winter season, both winter percussion and winter guard are gearing up to begin their season. If you are interested in participating in either of these activities, the links to to show said interest are below.

Winter Percussion Interest Form

Winter Guard Interest Form