The Student News Site of Harrison High School

The Panther Press

The Panther Press

The Panther Press

Hailey Richmond
Hailey Richmond
November 8, 2023

Principal’s Corner

Principal Peter Vargas
Principal Peter Vargas

Dear Panther Nation,

I am thrilled to write my first Principal’s Corner in our Panther Press! I want to express my love to all our staff and students for their continued support of HHS.

I want to take a moment to acknowledge and celebrate the exciting events that took place last week during Homecoming. It has been incredible to witness the tremendous school spirit displayed by our students, staff, and families. A special thank you goes out to Ms. Gibbons for her leadership in carefully planning and organizing the wonderful week.

One particular event that filled me with immense pride was our first Powder Puff game in over 15 years. It was a fantastic display of teamwork, determination, and sportsmanship. Thank you to StuCo for organizing such a memorable event.

As we approach Halloween, I want to remind everyone to prioritize safety while enjoying the festivities. Please ensure that costumes are safe and visible, and be cautious while trick-or-treating. If any of you happen to watch The Exorcist in the coming weeks, I am curious to know just how scary it is!

Thank you Ms. Donahue for your vision, drive, leadership, persistence, and love for our students. Without you the Panther Press wouldn’t be available for our community.

Wishing you all a safe and enjoyable Halloween! Remember, if nobody told you today that they love you, I do.

Go Panthers!

Principal Vargas

Principal Peter Vargas