The Student News Site of Harrison High School

The Panther Press

The Panther Press

The Panther Press

Hailey Richmond
Hailey Richmond
November 8, 2023

Juniors and seniors at HHS tour UCCS

“Always keep your option open. You’ll never know the wonderful opportunities you get presented with”   -HHS Senior Blair Minnard

A group of college bound juniors and seniors experienced a life on college campus when their College and Career Counselor Lindsay Leggett took them on a trip Thursday to The University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS). Students received information about the course offerings, majors, housing opportunities, dining facilities, grants/scholarships, support services, and the extracurricular activities at the school.

Each student was engaged throughout the tour and asked great questions about how concurrent enrollment courses will transfer, the diversity life on campus, and financial aid options. Jazari Spencer, a Harrison High School Senior, said “I’ve been to many colleges and surprisingly UCCS did spring to the top of my list as far as location and sightseeing goes. It’s different in a lot of ways to the point where I’d recommend it to students if they are looking for diversity, mountain views, and meeting new people.”

UCCS happens to be the second most popular college or university that Harrison students attend.

Ms. Leggett said there are many more opportunities coming for students who are interested in touring schools nearby, so upperclassmen should keep an eye out for announcements.