The Student News Site of Harrison High School

The Panther Press

The Panther Press

The Panther Press

Hailey Richmond
Hailey Richmond
November 8, 2023

Staff Spotlight: Meet Demitra Germanakos

Pedro Acosta
Demitra Germanakos teacher at Harrison High School

Demitra Germanakos, named 2023 Teacher of the Year, has been a loyal member of the Panther staff for five years. She teaches IB Psychology I and II and World History in the Social Studies department. Germanakos’ interesting lessons and engaging personality are what make her a good teacher, according to her students. And it is clear that Germanakos really cares about the students she teaches.

Samuel Keenen (12) says of Germanakos, “She has really impacted my life and without her I do not know where I would be.” Alicia Rowe (12) described how empathetic Ms. Germanakos is and how it is easy to talk and feel comfortable in her class. Alicia believes that she truly is the BEST teacher.

Outside of teaching at school, Demitra Germanakos has two other jobs as Cheer Coach of the Panthers and is also a Tumbling Coach. In her free time she loves to paint, be in nature, and spend quality time with her dog, Cooper.

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Panther Press
$85
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Harrison High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.