The Student News Site of Harrison High School

The Panther Press

The Panther Press

The Panther Press

Volleyball team staying positive despite schedule packed with tough competition

Currently sitting at 3 wins, the Volleyball Team looks forward to an improving and challenging season.

The Harrison Volleyball Team got their first win of the season against Sand Creek (3-2) in a match that went to 5. Senior Yesenia Morales believes “It’s all about mentality. This is a big aspect to the game while winning and even losing.” Head Coach Joe Rodrigues  agrees that it’s important to “be less self critical.”

It makes a positive impact when athletes keep their head in the game. There were times during the Sand Creek match that The Panthers were letting the scoreboard affect their skill. They quickly got it together to push through the next sets and win.

Winning games also takes a lot of motivation.  Coach Mo, a new teacher and coach,  believes it’s important to “find your why.” Coach Mo adds that this is something coaches and student athletes should ask themselves while taking the time to coach a team, play for a sport, and even while in the classroom. “Find your why, why are you here?” Coach Mo has a passion for the sport and for teaching.

Yesenia Morales adds that she would like to see a little more school spirit and support at games from students because it is a big motivator for student athletes.