The Student News Site of Harrison High School

The Panther Press

The Panther Press

The Panther Press

Hailey Richmond
Hailey Richmond
November 8, 2023

Band falls short of placement at Legend Festival

Technical Issues plague performance…

After a long week, the Harrison Panther Marching Band attended Legend High School’s 13th Annual Marching Festival on Saturday September 30th. Their prelims performance occurred at 2pm that day, but not without some issues.

When asked what went wrong, Ms. Jessee Reon said, “This last Saturday we had a miriad of technology issues. Our generator failed multiple times during our performance. We had wireless microphone issues and our wired mics never made it to the field.”

And when the results came, she was not phased, “Given the adversity we faced, I was not surprised in our competitive result.” However, she wanted to add that, “I was pleased how our students reacted to these challenges.”

When students were asked they all had the same reaction, they were disappointed with the result, but hopeful that their score would improve in the next competition once all of their technology issues were resolved.

Their next performance is in Flagstaff, Arizona on October 7th. The band will be attending their first ever out of state competition and Bands Of America sanctioned event. You are able to watch the performances through a livestream which can be purchased through the link below!

https://box5tv.com/watch/