The Student News Site of Harrison High School

The Panther Press

The Panther Press

The Panther Press

Hailey Richmond
Hailey Richmond
November 8, 2023

Marching Band a Featured Performer at CSU Pueblo Band Day!

Snapshot of the Half-Time Performance!

On Saturday, September 23rd, the Harrison Panther Marching Band traveled to CSU Pueblo to participate in their annual Band Day. They were one of two featured performers, and got the chance to perform at half time during the game on Saturday.

We were able to sit down and talk with both the Band Director, Jessee Reon, and a member of the band, Jacobi Kraft.

When asked about why she decided to take the band, Jessee said, “I thought it was a great opportunity to expose our students to band outside of High School. High School and College bands work differently, and it’s valuable to see that in action.” It seems as though the students gained a lot from this experience, “Many of our students made new friends, learned new music, and gained a new appreciation for college band. Additionally they performed for over 5,000 people,” continued Reon.

A student of the program, Jacobi Kraft, agreed that he gained a lot from the experience. When asked if he would go again, he said, “Yes, absolutely.”

The Harrison Marching Band will have their next performance at Legend High School at their Annual Marching Festival on September 30th.

Kids with Newly Made Friends! (HHS Marching Band Staff)
Trumpet Players playing some tunes! (HHS Marching Band Staff)
Color guard practicing their spinning (HHS Marching Band Staff)
Full Group Photo! (HHS Marching Band Staff)
View Comments (1)
Donate to The Panther Press
$85
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Harrison High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.