The Student News Site of Harrison High School

The Panther Press

The Panther Press

The Panther Press

Hailey Richmond
Hailey Richmond
November 8, 2023

Daily Update 1/12 Friday

Missed the announcements? Read them here. Announcements posted in order of priority.
Getty Images/iStockphoto
Megaphone, loudspeaker. Speaker, social media, advertising and promotion symbol. Marketing concept vector illustration

TUESDAY IS A NORMAL SCHOOL DAY! Asynchronous learning day has been postponed due to arctic blast.

Do you have any formal dresses or suits that are collecting dust? You don’t wear? Deserve a second chance at life? Consider donating to the JSGA prom closet Your donation could get you up to $15 off this year’s prom ticket!! Please bring your potential donations to Ms. De in room 609 before or after school.

FAFSA applications are now open. Wednesday, January 17th at 7:00pm at Peak Education is an informational

January 26th-Senior Pictures due!

January 18th- Mandatory meeting for girls interested in playing tennis this season!

Restorative Justice Conferences are available for ALL staff and students. Conferences can be held for any type of conflict or to prevent a conflict. Stop by Room 219 and scan the QR code on the door to schedule a conference!

CAS club is starting this Thursday! If you are a full IB student or any student who needs community service hours, please join from 3-4 in room 605! If you have any questions, see Mrs. Gibbons.

Trunk or Treat will take place at HHS on October 30 from 5-7:30pm! Bring the littles in their costumes!

Congratulations to Marching Band’s state qualification and Boys Soccer playoffs! Come out and support our Panther Athletics!

If you’d like to attend a college information session, please sign up with Ms. Leggett in the counseling office! 

Have you wanted to sing but are unable to fit choir into your schedule?  Do you want to work on your singing voice so you can perform on stage for musicals and talent shows, or just impress your family and friends when singing Karaoke? Harrison High School Glee Club will be meeting on Tuesdays from 3:00-4:00 in the choir room, room 909, starting October 3. On Tuesday, bring ideas on songs you would like to work on. Invite a friend to come with you! 

Seniors interested in ordering a senior hoodie, crewneck, or t-shirt–please see Donahue in 201 ASAP to get your final order in!

Girl’s soccer preseason is on!  (3-4:30pm) with study hall in Room 205 and then weight workouts. We will meet Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays through October 26th. If you are interested in playing this spring, please join us in preseason. –Coach Goodson

Students!!! Door Dash orders will only be picked up during YOUR lunch hour out after school…. NO EXCEPTIONS!!

Dreamer’s Club: Do you love culture, food, dances, traditions, and sharing about who you are and your background? Every Wednesday at 3:00 pm we meet for Dreamers Club in room 613 (the Spanish basement) in Mrs. Vega’s classroom.

Spanish: Amas tu cultura, comida, bailes, tradiciones, compartir quien eres y de donde proviences tu y tu familia. Todos los miercoles a las 3:00 pm nos reunimos para Dreamers Club en el cuarto 613 (en el sotano de espanol) en el cuarto de la Sra. Vega.

Drama Club has meetings every Friday after school from 3-4pm. If you’re interested in acting, doing tech backstage for community service hours, or just playing games, come join us!

ATTENTION SENIORS!!! PLEASE JOIN US IN ROOM 502 EVERY WEDNESDAY FOR SENIOR SGA STARTING @3. THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE A SAY IN  WHAT SENIOR EVENTS ARE PUT ON AND HELP IN ORGANIZING THEM. SEE YOU THERE!!!

Food pantry is open 2:15-3:15 to all students and staff. Come down to room 905.

90% Attendance! Students: 90% ATTENDANCE IS THE EXPECTATION TO ATTEND AFTER SCHOOL SPORTING EVENTS AND DANCES. IF YOU MISS 3 OR MORE CLASS PERIODS IN ONE WEEK, OR HAVE 10 MORE TARDIES IN A SEMESTER YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND THESE EVENTS!!!

Are you part of the LGBTQ+ community, an ally, or even a friend who needs a safe space? Every Thursday we meet for Pride Club in room 508, Ms. Mohammed’s room.

Eres parte de la Comunidad LGBTQ+, un aliado o hasta un amigo que necesita un lugar seguro. Todos los jueves nos reunimos en el cuarto 508, de la maestra Mohammed.