The Student News Site of Harrison High School

The Panther Press

The Panther Press

The Panther Press

Student Spotlight: Introducing Yesenia Morales

Yesenia Morales, senior, a top performer in three varsity sports

Yesenia Morales (Nia, 12)#6, a Harrison High School athlete involved in not 1 but 3 varsity sports year round was able to give us an insight of what true dedication and passion to sports mean. Yesenia is currently in season for volleyball but is eager for her last seasons of wrestling and soccer.

A well rounded student athlete, Yesenia is involved in concurrent enrollment and also a great help to many teachers around the school. Nia strives towards positivity. As Captain of the Volleyball Team, Yesenia is confident that “Staying humble and remembering motivation is key” is what will push the Lady Panthers towards success.

“Keeping up the morale and the mentality” is a struggle,  Morales admits.  She strongly believes that no matter the outcome of each set, encouragement is all that’s needed to turn it around.

Yesenia is ranked 2nd overall in Colorado Girls Volleyball leaderboard with 41 serving A ces this season and Player of the Match award against Vista Ridge.

A famous wrestling quote that Morales shared with us is, “Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will” as words of encouragement to any student athlete who is doubting their abilities.

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Panther Press
$85
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Harrison High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.